Sunday, December 27, 2009

tourism object

Pagaruyung Palace

Pagaruyung Palace is the most famous place in West Sumatera. It is located in Batusangkar, Tanah Datar regency. It is looks like “Rumah Gadang”. It is a special place for Minang’s culture. In Indonesia, there are not have a special traditional house like this. It is only in Minangkabau.
Pagaruyung Palace has a special form of the roof,called “Gonjong”. The roof is made of palm fiber that called “ijuk” in Indonesia. Pagaruyung Palace has many special rooms and many things about Minang culture too, such as traditional clothes, the bed for King and we can also see the ancient things. About four hundreds metres before there, we can see “Siti Linduang Bulan Palace”. Siti Linduang Bulan is a wife of Pagaruyung’s King. It is famous, too.
Behind the Pagaruyung Palace, we can see Bungsu Mountain. We can also go hiking here. It has a beautiful scenery. In the other side from Pagaruyung Palace, we can see “Sungai Tujuh Bidadari”. It is so wonderful. The people believed that In last century, there were seven angles took bath there. I think so, but I do not know that it is fact or only a legend.
I think you should visit this place. Especially, if you want to know about all of Minang culture. It is the best choice for you.

4 comments:

  1. hy Itie...

    I'm so fascinating with your articel about tourism object in Batusangkar

    I think your hometown is a beautiful city

    because it has so many tourism place..

    It will be okay if you accompany me to visit them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there for several times. You are right Pagaruyung Palace is a famous place in West Sumatera. I came and saw many great things. It shows us Minang culture by its pictures so while having a vacation , you can learn many things about West Sumatera. Keep improving your grammar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chayoo..........great....continue it, Ratih. To be continued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Batusangkar? I want to go there..^^
    Maybe I can accompany you when you back to your hometown..

    I interesting with 7 Angels River..
    I love to see the beauty angels ^^
    Haha.. Maybe I can do samething like Jaka Tarub..

    ReplyDelete